Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Class Expectations

Before signing up for the class I had very few expectations.  I assumed we would maybe get some insight on building a website or starting the foundation for a company all of which would be based on a template out of some book.  After the first day of class, my expectations have certainly changed.  The professor's experience is much greater than I expected.  The man has truly been there and done that.

Do I think I have what it takes to build my own empire?  Maybe. One of my expectations is to gain the knowledge on how to begin the process.  I am hoping to learn some things that can not be easily found online about starting your own business.  I expect to learn some good information on funding, like dealing with investors and other alternative funding methods (crowd-funding/family/loans).  I am also expecting to get some feedback on why or why not my ideas are good/bad.

I am expecting to have a plan set in place for how to structure my company and how to move forward with starting it.  I want to have the model for the company finished and have the people I am interested in working with make a decision on whether or not they are on board. It would also be great if we had a couple different funding options/plans laid out by the end of the quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment