Sunday, January 26, 2014

Guest Speaker: Erik Hanberg

Erik spoke about being an entrepreneur recently and gave a ton of great advice.  I felt like the most valuable info he gave was how he (and his wife) decide on whether or not to take a job.  He said they put it through a set of three questions, if the answer is yes for 2/3 then they go ahead and do it.  Those questions were:
  1. Is it something you want to do? (will you enjoy doing it)
  2. Will you be compensated how you want? (is the pay good)
  3. Will it better your career? (will it improve the standing of the company)
He also had some good advice on how to deal with running a physical business vs an online one.  since I am considering both I found that particularly helpful.  It was also good to hear that I am not alone in my struggle with procrastination, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment